Friday, November 21, 2008

The Morning Offering

The Morning offering is a very efficacious way to begin your day. Offering all your joys as well as all your sufferings to the Lord for the intention of your loved ones is a way to unite your sufferings to those of Jesus on the cross.

Here is the Morning Offering that I (try to) say each day.
Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you my joys, works and sufferings of this day,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world.

I offer them for the intentions of the Sacred Heart,
the intentions of the Holy Father,
for the salvation of souls,
the remission of sins,
in reparation for my own sins
and those of my loved ones,
for the spiritual, mental and physical health of my loved ones.

I offer them for the reunion of all Christians,
for peace and faith in the world,
and for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.

~Amen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful prayer and great blog. Thank you and God Bless you and yours.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!